Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sick, sick, sick

So I was doing really well keeping my blog pretty up to date; then Garrett got sick. The pics below are pretty graphic not for the weak of heart or stomach ;-) I have been very lucky Garrett is 9 1/2 months old and he had never been sick (besides a couple of sniffles here and there) until last week. I guess it was Monday night and I notice he was getting a runny nose, then Tuesday morning it was a bad runny nose (see pic below). I took him to the sitter's that day not thinking much of it, but I got a call around lunch time that Garrett felt a little warm and would not eat. Then Tuesday night at about 12:30 am Garrett woke up screaming and burning up with fever. That was the beginning of my first experience dealing with a "for real" sick kid. My son with all the personality in the world, the biggest appetite, and always on the go; only wanted to nurse, suck a pacifier, and cuddle with mommy. I don't think he smiled for 5 days...that made me sad.

I felt like my 9 1/2 mo old son was 6 weeks old again and I was tired like he was 6 weeks old again. I was so relieved when he finally slept through the night. Every time I woke up I missed my hubby. I need some relief! I wondered if my happy baby was ever coming back; he did better than ever. He is a speed crawler and loves to pull himself up on everything. I am in big trouble now!

The morning Garrett got sick...check out that runny nose. I should call the Guinness Book of World Records for that nose!
The day he started feeling better. We still ha the runny nose, but Garrett learned how to stand.

1 comment:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Oh beck - he is getting SO big! I'm so glad he is feeling better, taking care of sick babes is so exhausting.