Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Final Visit to VT

So this is going to be a long post. My sister and her family have been living in VT for the last 4 years while her husband was going through medical school. I have been able to visit her several times and every time I love it even more...yes, I have been there in the winter! Garrett and I have been planing this trip for quite sometime as my awesome brother-in-law graduated from med school this last Sunday. We were lucky enough to make our trip into a mini vacation. Grandma Poe was able to come out for it as well and she was nice enough to make us reservations at Shelburne Farms. This Inn was amazing; it is like stepping back in time. We had so much fun this weekend; it was the perfect end to a fabulous era!


This as way harder than it looks

This calf was so sweet!

This is in the play room on the top floor of the Inn. All the toys are from the era of the Inn.

Garrett was not too sure what to think of the tractor

Just his size!

He loved this tractor

Check out the chicken in the background

I loved the rocking horse, I had one of these as a child

He wanted to touch the calf so bad

Honey, this is for you, gotta love the Deer
Above all Garrett loves to play in the dirt

Beautiful Scenes of Shelburne Farms
This is one of the gorgeous, & relaxing places I have ever visited. The pics don't do it justice, but I hope you can get an idea. All the building are restored back to the original state. This farm was owned by one of the Vanderbilt's. It is truly amazing!!


Fun With The Fam
So precociousMakes me want another one...in due time!
The family at Shelburne Farms
Look at these very tired boys, we forget how little they are sometimes
Garrett getting his first taste of a cider doughnut (so good...yummmmo!)
Garrett & his cousins...so sweet ;)
Our sweet little Nigel (only 3 weeks old)
Garrett & I after grad; it was such a nice ceremony The whole fam after graduation...including Sam's parents

Sam's Graduation
The very handsome graduate!
The very happy & proud family
Is this little guy gonna fall in Daddy's foot steps?
Daddy and his two boys...proud papa!
Sam & his closest friends
The ladies behind the scenes...without them nothing could be possible. The wives of Sam & all his closest friends

No comments: