Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bath Time Blues

So for all you Momma experts out there...when do you get to stop supervising baths for your older children? I was very stoked this summer. I figured Marcus was old enough to do his own bath or shower all by himself...Nope not yet =( I showed him how at the beginning of this visit and I thought things were groovy. Both boys took baths at the same time; less work for me right? Wrong!!!! Tonight during scripture study I smelled a terrible B.O. smell. It couldn't be Garrett (way to little for BO) so I asked Marcus if he scrubbed with soap, he said YES. It couldn't be me right? Wouldn't I know? So I let it go. While I was tucking Marcus in bed the smell was worse. I got a whiff of the pits and whoa I knew where it was coming from.

The moral of this story is it looks like we are back to bathing by the numbers. It too young for deodorant, right? Why don't kids come with manuals that tell you all this good stuff. So much for killing two birds with one stone. Now we have to do two totally separate bath times. Looks like I will never get my counters cleaned off...

1 comment:

Nichole said...

wyatt smells too!!!! he weard deodorant so i think you are good with one bathtime. just get him a thing of smelly stuff and MAN soap!!!LOL good luck.