Friday, June 12, 2009

Gunnery Sergeant, Gunnery Sergeant Where you at?

Here I am...say hello to the latest Gunnery Sergeant Select. We just found out this morning that I am selected for promotion. Although I am getting out of the Marine Corps, I work very hard at what I do and I am proud to be a Marine. I feel very blessed today to be recognized amongst my peers and selected for this great promotion. I know this is a blessing from out Heavenly Father and I know that we are supposed to set this extra money aside for when I get out and we are down to one income. I just want to thank all those who love us and support us. A Marine is never successful all by themselves. It truly takes a village to raise a Marine.

I especially want to thank my wonderful husband, who was the first to congratulate me, for all he does for me and this family. Aside from my sweet son, Marcus is the greatest blessing in my life and I feel so blessed to be his wife. I could never so all that I do without him. Although he is far, far away he is my rock and I thank him everyday for always being there for me and always knowing what I need when I need it. I would never be the woman or the Marine I am today without him. He is a tremendous example to me on so many levels. I could sit here and write all day, but the words could never really say how I feel about my husband. I all can say right now is thank you & I love you with all my heart.

3 comments:

The Poe Family said...

Congratulations Becky, that is really cool and something to be proud of- Good job!!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Hey Gunny!!! that is awesome - congrats!

The Lybbert Family said...

Congratulations on your promotion. you are awesome!