Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dooms Day Machine

This is the name by Dad (Papa) calls all children when they are little, busy and into everything. Well, this name fits my son to a T! I'm sure Papa will agree after spending a week with him. I think it was Wednesday night when Garrett had his first real traumatic incident. I was on the couch reading my book and Garrett was playing in the kitchen. He wasn't making to much racket so I wasn't worried till...he came running into the family room gagging with blue foam coming out of his mouth. I had left the dishwasher open and somehow he managed to get the dispenser open and he took a bite out of the Electrosol Dish Tab. I immediately rinsed his mouth out and called poison control. I originally thought he ate the whole thing till I found the left over about an hour after the fact. Poison Control just said to get him to drink as much water as I could get in him and to stand by for a lot of vomiting and the runs. He did not vomit, but he did dry heave a bit. He seemed fine after and hour or two so I carried on like normal and he was fine. Thank Goodness! I guess I didn't get any "mom of the year" points that night. I just need to be more aware that I have a very curious little boy.

No comments: