This is going to be a long post with lots of pics, but it all represents a wonderful vacation. It all started last Thursday afternoon; Garrett and I left Jacksonville, NC to head out to Olympia, WA to visit my family. It was a long plane ride, but Garrett did great. It was an uneventful flight; just like we like it! We spent lots of time with family. I got to see my Grandparents, my Uncle John, all my brothers and sisters and all my nephews. We spent a lot of time on the lake, the water was great and the weather was wonderful. We also ate a lot of good food and spent a lot of time just hanging out. It was a much needed vacation and I had a lot of time to just relax.

My peanut of the airplane, I could not get him to look at me. He was much too interested in everything else that was going on the pay attention to Mommy.

Thanks to a very nice man on the plane I got a rare picture with my baby

Garrett about to eat some of the nations best Bar-b-q. I forgot his bib so I got to use one from the restaurant. I think he looks authentic. I should have gotten the after shot. My baby really enjoyed his pork!

Our little Nige. This kid is growing so fast and he as absolutely precious

Shirlee & Dusty my awesome sister & brother-in-law

Garrett in his very first life jacket. I'm sure he will have many more to come. Our family loves the water and the lake. Also check out his hair, the sunscreen gave him a great Mohawk :-)

Garrett playing in the water with his boat.

Here I am behind the boat. It had been two years since I had skied. I was terrified I would not be able to do it. You know...a baby, a little extra weight, a lot less muscle...it was not leading to a promising equation. As you can see it was just like riding a bike. Amazing enough I was better than I had been in a few years. I can't wait to do it again!

My left side is my better side, it feels great to have a good run!

Garrett on the beach, I love this kid so much

The next generation of skiers takes flight. Kaleb is five and he wanted to try water skiing. He did not get up, that is OK. He tried! Maybe next year. With all these boys we will have a family of skiers within a few years. We like to start them young around here.

Owen down by the water.

When I am at the lake and I look out at this view, it makes my homesick for the Pacific Northwest. I have lived in a lot of places, but nothing beats August in WA.

Look what I found, a little snake!

These boys are brave, I hope Garrett does not get his mother's fear of slithery things

Hello is anyone there? Anything that resembles a phone goes straight to the ear...

The beach at my parent's house

Lissy my sissy, I love the new hair...isn't she cute?

David; this kid is so handsome and is growing up so fast

Garrett playing with a puppy just his side. he really loved playing with my brother's dog Kya

Look at these boys hangin out. I'm sure there will be many more of these days

I love photo ops like this, just playing a letting curiosity get the best of them
1 comment:
What a blast, love the pics! Love the ski pics, you look awesome! We had a great time with you, Love you
Post a Comment