Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fun at the park

Today was the first day of my long Thanksgiving holiday. Garrett ad I loaded up at went to check out a new park. This one is the closest we've found to out house. I saw it last night in the dark and wanted to check it out in the daylight. It was a really fun park; it had a nice walking trail, ball fields, frisbee golf course, tennis courts, picnic areas, playground, swings, and even volleyball courts. We started off with a good long walk. I have been running since Saturday...I am very sore right now so I decided to take a day off running and walk today. It was a perfect day for it and it was so peaceful and quiet. I even got a phone call in with Marcus while we walked. It was the perfect start to our day.

After our walk Garrett ran straight for the playground. That kid loves the slides, the longer and faster the better. He had so much fun exploring, climbing, swinging, sliding, and playing in the sand. we could not have asked for a nicer morning before Thanksgiving.

We went to have lunch and do our last minute shopping before tomorrow. It was not too crazy and G loves to shop because he loves to sit in the buggy. it is very cute how excited he gets. After shopping we came home, G took a nap and I put up all the fall decorations and got down all the Christmas decor. I am super excited to put it all up on Friday. I love this time of year and I love it when my house is covered in lights and garland. I'm sure G will enjoy decorating the tree with me this year. I'm sure there will be lots more to come so stay tuned!








No comments: