So today is the 12th of the month...Why is this so important you might ask? Well, in 2 years & 3 months from today I will no longer be an Active Duty Marine. I will be a former Marine or a civilian and I am anticipating this day with much excitement. One might ask why I would begin my countdown with so much time left? The answer to that is simple ~ I have been counting this day down since just a few days after I reenlisted for another 4 year contract. I was pregnant when I reenlisted and didn't know it yet.
I want so badly to stay at home with my kiddo (hopefully I will have more kiddos when that day comes) so bad. Going to work every morning is the hardest thing I do each day. I have so many hopes and dreams of what I might be able t do when I am not spending 9 hours behind a computer buried in emails and 1 hour a day on the road. I know not every day will be roses and butterflies, but I look forward to those days as well.
Why am I blogging about this? You could call it therapy. I do really well dealing with this for a while and then I melt down! I'm talking really bad meltdown...to the point where my husband thinks I should see someone.
You will soon see various posts titled "Over the Rainbow" Every time I think of something I dream of doing while I'm not slaving away at work I am going to post about it because I know I will find the end of the rainbow one day. I'm trying to channel my emotions and rather than dwell on what I feel I will never have I want to dream about what I WILL have soon, very soon♥
2 weeks ago
2 comments:
You are such a wonderful mommy! XOXO!
Hang in there!! I can tell you first hand how great it is to be out and with your kids everyday instead of being forced to go into work. Not telling you that to make you jealous...just trying to help you look forward to what is coming your way. It WILL fly by...even though it doesn't seem like it now. Just hang in there!! :-)
Post a Comment