Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree

My Wonderful husband has been out braving the chilly weather in hopes to add a little Christmas joy to our neighborhood. We don't have much space to call our own, but we took advantage of the little we could rustle up.

edited

On Friday after we picked G up from school we headed to a local market with some beautiful trees, we carefully selected the one we wanted, tied it up and strapped it to the top of the van. We got it home set it up and let it sit there and get happy over night.

On Saturday when I got home from work Marcus built a fire, I strung the lights and the decorating began. Garrett absolutely loved helping...I tell you this holiday gets better and better with the kiddos!

Garrett & Daddy hanging ornaments
Garrett & Daddy hanging the first ornament

Garrett Decorating the Christmas Tree
Garrett had to play with each little ornament he hung in the tree...it was all part of the experience.

edited
The final product was a tree with the balls a little too close together...

edited
and the finished product, a lovely tree that fits our family to a tee!

edited
Don't forget very happy Mommy & Daddy ( BTW Garrett took this shot, looks like we might have us a budding photgrapher)

Merry Christmas everyone I hope this season is wonderful. I hope you can all take a moment and remember why we celebrate this glorious day...in the words of my two year old, "mommy, Jesus is having a happy birthday party"


No comments: