Last Tuesday my mom was in town and I was watching a friend's kids. It was a beautiful day and I thought the playground might be a good way to keep them happy and entertained for a while. I also wanted to show my mom Smith Playground. It is an amazing FREE playground for kids, they have an outdoor play ground and a three story mansion that is an indoor-kids-paradise. We also brought along another friend of mine and her two little ones. We were packed in my van like sardines, but the more the merrier!
The weather looked like it was about to rain so we thought we would take advantage of the outside until the rain started so we headed for the giant, 30' wooden slide. the kids loved it and so did I.
The also have a great toddler area that has a giant pirate ship, a train, and a fire engine. Garrett had to sample all three, but the train was his favorite. He loves Thomas the Train and he kept ushering other kids on the train shouting "all aboard".The weather looked like it was about to rain so we thought we would take advantage of the outside until the rain started so we headed for the giant, 30' wooden slide. the kids loved it and so did I.
This is the pirate ship, G loves slide and he also loves to be up high.
Here is my little train conductor
And now we are driving a fire engine, the possibilities are endless with the imagination of a 2 1/2 year old.
We then went indoors when the rain came. We played house, complete with a child size house, kitchen, and baby furniture. We raced around the child size city in all manner of vehicles. This city is complete with traffic lights, stop signs, and even parking meters. The kids had a blast and none of them wanted to leave this area.
We even managed to get a group shot. It was a fun morning and I have to give thanks to my mom for being the picture lady ;)








2 comments:
It sure was a FUN day! Give Garrett a huge hug from Grandma.
Wow, what an amazing playground!!! Looks like a lot of fun!!!
Post a Comment