Friday, December 16, 2011

Big new this week!!!


Marcus was in zone for promotion to 1stSgt this year. In my opinion he is very qualified. He is an amazing leader, a hard worker, he has good attention to detail, and he has all the checks in the blocks to make him qualified. This year with the Marine Corps down sizing again the number of Marines getting promoted have gotten smaller as well. The promotion to 1stSgt was no exception. There were over 1100 Marines getting looked at this year with only 103 slots to fill. The other kicker to this is they don't normally promote you to that rank until you have been in for at least 14 years; Marcus has only been in for 12 1/2 years. Needless to say we were hopeful, but not expecting it at all. We thought next year he would be much more competitive.

On Wednesday afternoon Marcus got the promotion list. He got it before the message was actually published...it helps to know the right people! To our amazement there was the name Fleming, MN. I was so shocked in that moment, but then I was filled with so many emotions. Happiness, pride, gratitude, amazement, anxiousness...these all crossed my mind. But most of all I felt blessed, blessed by a Father in Heaven who loves each and every one of us, he knows us and he has a plan for us. My testimony of keeping the commandments was also strengthened that day. When we do the things the Lord asks of us and we keep his plan in mind before our own desires he will take care of us. This promotion could not have come at a better time. With me getting out of the Marine Corps in less than 6 months the extra income that comes with promotion is much needed. The timing is perfect as well, we will not have to be separated as a family due to orders. They no longer have to consider me and my career when placing us.

With all this being said we will be leaving Philadelphia in the late Summer early Fall. It is sooner than we expected and we will miss all of the people we have gotten to know here. But that is part of being in the military. We don't stay anywhere too long, but we have the opportunity to meet and interact with wonderful people all over the globe. We have no idea where we are headed and we won't know for a month or two, but I promise as soon as I know I will post it here. What we do know is that the Lord will send us where he needs us. He has not led us astray yet. He has sent us to places where we have been able to learn, grow, and serve and we are so grateful for that. I am excited and a little nervous. In 5 1/2 months our little Eli will be here and in 9 months we will be packing up and moving again. I tell you what, there is never a dull moment in the Fleming household...

No comments: