Our Easter celebration kicked off with General Conference the weekend prior to Easter. It was such a nice way to bring the spirit of Christ into our hearts and into our home. We spent the next week talking to Garrett about Easter and about the gift our Savior gave to us through his atonement and his resurrection. I think between family home evening and primary he had a pretty good idea of what the Easter season means. It was nice to have a need to reinforce and teach these lessons. It really brought to spirit into my heart and into my life as I was able to reflect on my Savior, his life, and his teachings.
The Saturday before Easter we had a little egg hunt for the kiddos from church. It as fun to see the little kids so excited to find their eggs. Garrett started off a little pouty (he wanted to go with Daddy to hide the eggs we brought), but in no time he found his friends and was off playing and having a great time.
This was an attempt at a picture of all the little kiddos at the egg hunt. There were many more, but the little ones were very wiggly and were hard to get in the picture. It was a nice day and fun to spend time with friends.Garrett loved hunting for eggs. He was really into it this year and knew exactly what to do. He liked hunting for the hard to see ones. He told me he was leaving the easy ones for the little kiddos.
That night we took a little time to dye some eggs. Garrett wanted to do it all himself this year and if I would have let him he would have dyed all his eggs blue because that is his favorite color.
Easter morning was nice and relaxing. Garrett got a small Easter basket with a small toy and a few treats. He also got some new Easter clothes. My son loves to be casual most every day of the week, but oh how he loves to get dressed up on Sundays. So new Easter clothes were a big deal. I thought he looked very handsome. My hubby also looked handsome as always and I just look big and pregnant.
I know I am totally biased, but I think my kiddo is adorable and he looks so grown up as of late.
I love Easter! I feel like it is the perfect opportunity to reevaluate our lives and make the adjustments we need to recenter our focus on Christ. I feel so much love and gratitude for my Savior. I am grateful for his atonement and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He has risen and He lives today!
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment