Sunday, May 6, 2012

April Birthday Bash

After the temple on Saturday we had a big birthday bash for Grandpa, Nigel, Elliana, and Alice. We had it at my Grandparents club house. It is the perfect spot for large family gatherings. We had a delicious dinner, games for the kiddos, presents, visiting, and delicious cherry cobbler and ice cream with birthday candles. I was so tired, but it was a wonderful occasion and Garrett loves spending time with his cousins. They played hard and were so tired by the end of the evening. Melissa was in charge of games so in honor of Grandpa she made a "pin the hair" on Grandpa game. It was so cute and the kiddos loved it. 

Untitled 

Even the adults got in on the action. The kids were cute to watch but the adults were hilarious. He is my Uncle John (UFJ) pinning hair on Grandpa.

Untitled 

Here are all the kiddos after the game. It makes my heart so happy to see all these kids together. I am the oldest of 26 cousins and I have such fond memories of playing and spending time with them. I hope that these kids will grow those same relationships.

 Untitled 

Melissa also made a pinata for the kids. They all loved it and each of them got plenty of turns trying to get the candy out. Eventually it was Kaleb, the oldest cousin, who broke the pinata. Here are two of the birthday kids having their turns, Nigel and Elliana. 

Untitled Untitled

No comments: