Memorial Day weekend was awesome this year. My due date was May 31st so I was grateful I was not gynormously huge with child. Instead my baby was 2 weeks old and did great with the festivities. The Saturday before Memorial Day was opening day at our apartment's pool and it was one of the first warm days we really had so we headed over to enjoy the water and the sun. Garrett had been talking about the "diving board pool" for quite some time and really wanted to jump off like last year, but the life guards would not let him. I guess the rules changed. I am not sure he would have anyway, he was much more hesitant about the water this year. I guess that's what happens when you pull your kid out of swimming lessons. Oh well, maybe spending Summer at the lake will make him a little less apprehensive. Anyway, the boys had fun swimming despite the cold water.
I am also grateful this weekend for all of those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country and my freedom. This country was founded on the courage and dedication of everyday men willing to serve and fight for a good cause. Those that serve today are just everyday men and women as well. My heart goes out to the families who have lost loved ones, I am so grateful and I hope we never stop remembering the sacrifices those around us make for me and you. Remember freedom is never free!

No comments:
Post a Comment