Monday, August 20, 2012

Dress for Miss Mary

My darling niece, Mary, is having her first birthday in just a few days. I was there when she entered this big world and I love this little girl to bits. Unfortunately I will not be able to be there for her birthday due to the move to San Diego. A long time ago I found this darling dress I wanted to make for her. I just knew the pattern and fabric would be perfect for her personality and I knew this her mother's style. I was a little terrified about sewing an actual article of clothing. This is a big step up from making a quiet book and baby items. When I sew new things I just like to tackle it head on and I like to start and finish the project in one day. I really need to get over this, I am a much better mother when I take my time on projects, lol. I tackled this project just like I do every project and 14 hours later the final project was done, wrapped and ready to give to a sweet little girl for an early birthday present. I am so please with the final project and it feels so good to have completed something like this. I have a lot to learn, but it is a good start.

Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled
Untitled
The birthday girl in her sweet dress. The lighting is terrible but I had to have a picture. It was a hit.

Happy birthday Miss Mary, your Aunt Becky loves you. I found the dress and fabric here,  I love the blog world!

No comments: