Today was a huge day for Marcus! He is back in Philly tying up loose ends. Some of those loose ends are big...like reenlisting, getting promoted, and getting his "end of tour" award. I so wish I could have been there (since we have been married I have never been able to attend a single ceremony for him).
Marcus just went over his 13 year mark on July 27th so these next four years will carry him to 17 years. That is so exciting. I know being in the military is hard and there are some aspects that are not easy at all and that we would rather do without, but I love being married to a Marine. Marcus loves what he does and I am proud of how he serves his family, fellow man, and country! Bring on the next four years.
Here is is renewing his oath, we do this every time we reenlist or get promoted.
He also got promoted today...or what they call frocked. Frocking means he gets to wear the ranks and shoulder the responsibility without getting paid. I know, this sounds wierd, but with his next assignment he will be a Company 1stSgt and with that billet he needs to wear the rank. We should start getting paid in October or November.
Here is is getting his new rank pinned. This is a huge promotion and one that is about to lead us down a whole new road full of new experiences.
And last, but not least, he get awarded for all the awesome things he has done for his current unit. Marcus has enjoyed serving at the University of Pennsylvania. He has met and served with some awesome Marines and Sailors. He has gotten experience that you cannot duplicate. He has grown in his leadership and he has had to get outside his box. This tour has made him a better Marine. Today he was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal. I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished in the last thirteen years. I welcome the next four years with open arms and I am so looking forward to our next tour.
This is the first time I have gotten one of these. I am honored to be a Marine Wife. I love the Marine Corps and I love my husband and I support him 100% in all he does to keep our family safe and our country free.





1 comment:
So cool, congrats to both of you!
Post a Comment