Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Eli :: 6 months

Oh my, where has the time gone? My little muncher is 6 months old today. Time is flying by crazy fast! This little boy is such a joy to me and our family. He is such a sweetheart and he is so tender-hearted. I feel so much gratitude every time I hold him or tend to his needs. I prayed so much for this little boy and he is here and I cherish the opportunity I have to be his mother. Some things I don't want to forget.

  • Today (not official stats) he weight 13.6lbs. I don't know his height but we will find out on the 30th of this month. I know he is a light weight and he is such a skinny mini. I think he is about average for his height, but we will see.
  • He still loves to nurse and he does so about 6 times a day, I love that time with him. It forces me to stop what I am doing, hold my sweet baby, and take in all his goodness for 10 - 15 minutes.
  • He is still spitting up here and there. As long as I remain dairy free and he gets his medicine everyday there is not too much extra laundry.
  • About a week ago I gave him his first sampling of food...We started with some pumpkin chipotle soup. I know, it's not rice cereal, but we were having it for dinner and there is nothing in it but veggies and spices. He loved it! The next day I gave him a little split pea soup and again he loved it. So I gave in a gave him a whole serving of the rice cereal, he gobbled it right up. So far he has had pumpkin and avocado. We are only giving him food at dinner time, it keeps him happy while we eat and he is in his seat at the table with us; he likes to be where we are.
  • He has really started giggling. He laughs at us when we are doing something funny. He loves to laugh at Garrett and Garrett loves to  make him laugh and smile.
  • He has rolled over from belly to back a few times, but he has yet to roll from belly to back.
  • He is enjoying tummy time more and more, we don't get much more than 10 minutes on his belly, but he is getting better. Usually tummy time results in a pile of puke. 
  • He likes to sit up, but he is no where near sitting up on his own. 
  • He still likes he bouncy seat and he likes to just lay on his sheep skin or a blanket and watch whoever is close to him. He does not like to be left alone and he LOVES his mommy!
  • He is not sleeping through the night, but he sleeps a pretty long stretch for the first half of the night. Bedtime is 6:30ish and he sleeps till about 3:30, he nurses and then is back up at 6:30ish. He naps from about 9:30 to 11:00 and again from about 1:30 to 2:30 and again from about 4:00 to 5:00. I would be lying if I said he was on a set schedule. We give and take everyday. Life with an older sibling means a lot of trip in the car or the stroller so we sneak the naps in when we can.
  • He loves the Ergo carrier and prefers to travel in it when we are on the go.
  • He has just started being interested in toys. Right now he loves his rings. They are easy to grab on to and he likes to chew on them. Usually his fists and his feet are enough entertainment for him.
  • He has really started talking, he loves to squat, just to let us know he is there. I love the baby moises
  • He is a very cuddly boy who prefers to be in someones arms. He will hang out on the floor for  only so long and then he needs some snuggles. 
  • He is so tenderhearted, he is sensitive to noises, he doesn't like to be swung or flung and he doesn't like to be surprised. 
These pictures I took today and the really represent him and his personality. The small ones on the bottom are some randoms taken in the last month.

Eli you such a blessing to this family and we love you so much. I hope time slows down a little, but we are grateful you are growing into a healthy and happy boy ~~~ Kisses my sweet boy!
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled My love has found his feet. #lovemylittlemuncher Lately this has been his new favorite spot to lounge. #lovemylittlemuncher He is growing so fast. Finally without his hand shoved in his mouth. #lovemylittlemuncher #teethingbabiesarethepitts Almost ready for bed and then the house will be quiet. #lovemylittlemuncher #quietfridaynightsarethebest Hello feet...I've been looking for you. #lovemylittlemuncher Good morning and happy Election Day!And my little eats...a whole new journey just began. #lovemylittlemuncherHello world, I am 6 months old today.

1 comment:

The Lybbert Family said...

He is so cute! To me is looking more and more like Eli and less like Garrett. I also see a bit of Uncle David in him. I can't wait to see you guys.