This was not an easy decision for me to make as a mother...that is to send my boy to preschool. I got out of the Marine Corps to spend more time with my babies and here I am sending him off to school five days a week for three hours a day. I am also not crazy about pushing academia on my kiddos too fast too soon. Since we have been settled here I have been working with Garrett at home, we call it school and it is scheduled and organized. It has been working just fine. But, everyday Garrett asked me when he gets to go to "real" school. With all my excitement to spend more time with my kiddos I guess I forgot how this might affect my four year old who has already been going to school for two years and how much he enjoyed the social aspect of it all. So after being asked everyday for a month when he gets to start school, I started researching, talking with other moms, and visiting classrooms. I felt good about the choice to sign him up and boy oh boy was he excited.
Today is his first day and I am pretty sure someone puts ants in his pants this morning, because he has been crazy. He is attending the afternoon class from 12:00 - 3:00 M-F. If I had a dollar for every time he asked if it was time to go yet, I would have enough to take myself to Hawaii. I am happy for him and I hope he still loves it just as much after the first week is over. My baby is growing up.
As for my little baby, he will be spending a fair amount of time in his least favorite place, the car seat, as we shuttle big brother back and forth to school. Oh the joys of being number two.
2 weeks ago




No comments:
Post a Comment