Saturday, February 16, 2013

Feb 10th ~ 16th

Garrett has figured out how to take selfies with my phone...the other day I asked him to go upstairs and bring me my phone. It took him a minute, but it takes him a minute to do everything. A little while after I had it, I was instagraming, and I noticed all these selfies of Garrett. When I looked at my photostream there were almost 100 of these little pics. I cute not stop laughing. These were my favorites, the rest got trashed and we ha a talk about excessive picture taking. lol!

Valentine's Day often comes and goes without much fanfare. This year while I was out running errands with the boys Daddy came home and gave us a "heart attack". It was so thoughtful of my hubby and Garrett thought it was awesome! I made some treats for the families we home and visit teach and Nana sent us a fun little jar full of kisses. It turns out V-day can be pretty fun after all.
This kid is getting better and better with finger foods. Lately he has been loving peas and I have been loving not having to feed him every meal :)
Look at those teeth! The bottom ones are in and you can just barely see the two little top ones. I'm so glad they are finally through. They were monsters.
Nana sent me her Vitamix. I am in love and so grateful for her generosity. I have been wanting one so bad, but it was just not in the budget. While I was in AL, I made mention of this and Nana said she never uses hers. On V-day a package showed up on my door step and this beauty was inside. I have wonderful family who love and support us. Thank you Nana!
My little kitchen buddy, he loves to just sit and play. He's not really worried about getting anywhere, but he loves to did through his basket for all kinds of treasures. He also loves to be right under my fee. I guess most kids are that way. He's cute company anywho.
My little home improvement project. I have been really down about my kitchen table and the quantity of brown I have in my home. I needed a splash of color. I went out and found some fun fabric, some clear vinyl, and my staple gun and this is what turned up. Six recovered chairs, they gave me my pop of color and they are kid and spill proof. I love them and it was seriously the easiest project ever. If you dislike something just give it a makeover.

Before           ~                      After
Green        &        Blue
Saturday park fun with Daddy. We went over to the big park for an hour or so on Saturday. Eli had his first go at a slide and was not too happy about it. It could have had something to do with his head banging into the side of the slide. In time he will be all over this park.
Garrett finally learned to swing by himself. No pushing needed. We have been working on this for quite some time and it is a huge accomplishment for him and a huge relief for me. I know I say this a lot, but I love where we live and I could not think of a better place for our family right now.

No comments: