So I am feeling a bit uneasy that in one month my baby will be one year old. It doesn't seem possible that he has been on this earth and part of our family for almost a year. In the last month he has really blossomed in so many ways. He is babbling more and laughing more, he is on the move, and he is just generally happier. I love this kiddo so much.
- Sleeping :: So still not sleeping through the night, but now that two more teeth have come through things are better. I am actually making him cry it out if he wakes up between midnight and 5:00am. He is doing better. I will say I am grateful that he only gets up to eat and he always goes right back to sleep.
- We are finally done with swaddling completely! We were doing a loose swaddle, but a couple of weeks ago I decided to just lay a blanket on top of him. He kept getting out of the loose swaddle anyhow. He slept so great just being covered. The best part is, I have a tummy sleeper. Once Eli learned how to roll over he rolls right to his tummy and passes out. I love watching him sleep, it is so cute.
- He is taking still taking two good naps every day. However, now that he can roll over and get up to his bottom or his knees he likes to sit in there and play. I have to go in sometimes and gently lay him back down and remind him it is nap time. He always eventually goes to sleep. I would like him to continue two naps per day for another few months at least.
- Eating ::So I am pretty sure this kid is a milk-o-holic. He is still nursing 5-6 times per day & night. He is a good eater and I have finally been able to introduce some dairy back in his diet. He likes cheese and cottage cheese, it just has to be in small doses. The sippy cup this is a work in progress. He is not crazy about water and the coconut milk has lost it's appeal. I think he almost has the sucking this down, so maybe we will try a sippy with a straw. I will admit, I love nursing, but I am getting a little resentful that I am my sons only source of liquid all day.
- Teeth :: he has seven teeth, two more on the top and one on the bottom. The other bottom one that seemed so close last month is taking its sweet time. I hope we have a little reprieve before those one year molars come in..
- Play :: This kid loves
histoys. All of the sudden he is not so interested in his toys. He wants what Garrett is playing with. I guess he is outgrowing his baby toys and it's time to get out some "older" ones. Mostly he just loves playing with Garrett. They sit in the playroom and giggle and laugh. Eli also likes to pick at Garrett and so it begins..."Mom, Eli is hitting me, Mom, Eli is touching my ball, Mom, Eli broke my line of cars" Eli just laughs and giggles and thinks it is hilarious. - On the move :: My baby is on the move! He crawled about two weeks ago and has been off and running ever since. He is all over the place and he is enjoying exploring his new world. I think it is almost time to get the gates out. He is starting to pull himself up to his knees and he loves looking inside of things. He also loves to put items in things. Alison, his physical therapist, is working with him on pulling up to standing and cruising. I am so proud of the progress he is making.




No comments:
Post a Comment