In my mind there is no way my baby is 12 months old. This year has flown by and it feels like just yesterday it was Mother's Day morning and I was holding my new little miracle. It has been a good year filled with a lot of exciting things and a lot of change and this little boy took it all in stride and is growing into quite to little boy. Pretty soon he will no longer be my baby, but he will be a toddler. In this moment I am grateful my baby is not toddling around so I can keep him little for just a short while longer. This kid brings me joy everyday and I love him so much. Happy first birthday my little love muncher!
- Stats :: Weight 20.1 lbs (14%) Height 27.35" (10%). It is weird having such a shorty. Garrett was always so tall. Again, I appreciate pediatricians, but really, I do feed my child 3 meals a day plus snacks plus nursing. He is just small! I would rather have small than obese!
- Sleeping :: Ahhhh, I can finally say my baby is sleeping through the night and it only took one whole year. This last week he has been sleeping from about 7:30 till 5:00, he wakes up to nurse and then goes back to sleep for about an hour. I have a new lease on life since I have been getting more (uninterrupted) sleep.
- Napping :: He is still napping two times per day. It is nice now as he can go a little longer between them if needed. This helps tremendously when I need to run errands. I still try when we are home to keep him in a routine usually nap at 9:30-10:00 and again at 2:00-2:30. I am grateful he is a good napper and I intend on letting him continue two naps per day for as long as he would like.
- Eating :: We are working on weaning his nursing, not completely but only in the morning, before naps, and before bed. That is still four times per day which for many is still a lot. He loves to nurse and I as good letting him nurse for as along as he would like. Before bed he nurses and takes a bottle of coconut milk. By the end of the day I just don't have a lot left and he needs a full tummy before he goes to sleep. It seems to be working great. As far as food...his eating habits are yet to be determined. He is picky some days and totally fine others. He prefers his food in a casserole form. He will eat all veggies if they are mixed up with other food, but he does not like them plain. He is eating more and more finger foods, but again, he doesn't really like food when it is separated. Weird, I know!
- Teeth :: He got his eighth tooth right after he turned eleven months and this months has been amazing. I am quite certain those molars are not too far off, but for now I will just enjoy my happy (no fussy) baby.
- Play :: It is officially time to put up the baby toys. Right now all he wants are blocks and cars and buckets or baskets. He likes to fill and empty containers. He tries to drive the cars like his big brother, but he has not quite got the hang of that. He has also started showing interest in books :) Mostly he likes to follow Garrett around and do or play with whatever he is doing. Garrett is a good big brother and likes to entertain Eli. Eli also loves being outside. He loves to just explore at the park and he loves the beach. He plays so contently in the sand. I know where we will be spending a lot of our Summer.
- On the move :: Crawling is old hat now. He is a pro and he is fast. He can get anywhere he wants in a hurry. He does this funny bear crawl and sometimes he tries to stand up from that position. He can get into a squatting position and stay there for a few seconds. He pulls himself up on everything now. He can climb to the top of the stairs, but has no idea how to get down. Luckily, for now, he is not really into the stairs. This doesn't surprise me much and this kid is not a thrill seeker. He is still going to physical therapy and loves it. They are working on cruising, climbing, rolling a ball to another person, and walking. He enjoys his time with Allison and I have seen him grow so much and become so much more sure of himself through PT.
- Attitude :: This the season of independence. I know all kids start showing it at some point or another. Our has just started. He wants certain things or he doesn't want something or he wants attention. He squawks, cries, giggles, wriggles, or some other manner of letting us know what he wants or doesn't want. He like to tease and now that he can crawl he likes to run away from us so we will chase him. He giggles at us and himself, he loves to be tickled and he loves to play with Daddy in bed in the morning. He is starting to mimic us and tries to do what we are doing. Lately when I holler for Garrett, Eli squawks for him too and anytime we sing he babbles during the song and stops when it is over.



No comments:
Post a Comment