Today my schedule consisted of cleaning and baseball.
I am not even going to lie. When we found out Marcus' deployment date got pushed back I kind of let the house go. The house really needed to be cleaned when he was supposed to leave, but we just wanted to concentrate on spending time together. So yesterday it was time to get down to business. Plus I put up Christmas decor today...who wants to put up decorations in a dirty house. I rolled up my sleeves and went to work, dusting, sweeping, moping, vacuuming, scrubbing and wiping. I even managed to get the linens changed and all the towel and rugs washed. It was a very productive day and I felt great about it. What made me feel better was after the t-ball party and getting the kiddos bathed and in bed I got the whole house decorated for the Christmas season and oh how pretty it looks. I got everything done except putting up the tree. I will do that tomorrow. Garrett is going to be so happy when he wakes up in the morning.
Decorating was a huge thing on my list to get done before our trip to Utah. By the time we get home it will be December and I like to start the month out ahead of the game not behind!
Tonight Garrett had his end of the season party for t-ball. Being the team mom I was in charge of planning it. It had been fun to be the team mom, but I'm glad tonight was my last responsibility for the season. The boys all got trophies and the coaches got plaques and thank you cards. It was a success and Coach Mike had good things to say about our boy.
I also got a lovely picture of my boys from the coach and a Barnes & Noble gift card. I think I need to go shopping for some fun books! Such a thoughtful gift.
The other thing we did today was sign Garrett up for the Spring season of baseball. Hopefully he will get the same coach as this season. We have a few months off before Spring ball starts. It was a great season. The boys had lots of fun and I think they learned a little something as well. Marcus really enjoyed helping coach and spending that time with Garrett.
Again it is way to late and I need to go to bed. Thank goodness tomorrow is a day of rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment