Since Christmas ended I have been reflecting on 2014 and thinking of what I want to bring to the table in 2015. One might say, what will 2015 bring "me"? I think the other way around. 2015 is not going to bring me anything. I make my own path based on my ideas and choices. There are always those unexpected hick ups and trials, but again, it's my choice how I handle them and what I make of them.
2014 was a good year, but I felt like I was in survival mode most of the time. Marcus was gone for 1/2 the year, I was homeschooling, and Eli was still little. The later half of the year was better, but still very busy. Marcus came home from Japan and jumped right into a busy work load, started taking two college classes at a time, and in in his spare time he worked with the youth in our church. At the end of the Summer I started going back to college full time and Garrett started public school. The last half of 2014 was busy with school for Marcus, myself, and Garrett (you would not believe how demanding 1st grade can be). Eli has been a trooper and just goes with the flow. Also to add just a little more to the plate, Marcus was called into the Bishopric for our Church so he has been busy learning his responsibilities with that as well. Like I said it has been a year of trying to keep my head above the water. I has had some very good moments and lots of memories made. I cannot complain, we were blessed beyond measure this last year.
I, honestly have no expectations for 2015. We are about to start a new adventure in just 10 weeks. Just before Christmas we found out we have orders and will be moving in March. We are headed to Riverton, UT. Marcus has orders to 4th LAR, a reserve unit. We are hoping that the pace of work will be a little slower and we can have some time to enjoy one another. These orders were hoped for but came very unexpected. In the Fall we found out that the current 1stSgt in Riverton would be leaving in 2015. Marcus would be up for orders in Sept of 2015, it sounded as though it might work out so he put a little bug in the monitor's ear that he would like to go there. The monitor said sure, if the timing works out. I guess it is hard to get people to fill spots in UT, so his volunteering was welcome. Then we found out that the orders would be open in March of 2015. This seemed too soon and we didn't think it would work out timing wise. Then, just before Thanksgiving Marcus was called to the Bishopric (this is kind of a long term thing in our church) so we thought the Lord had other plans for us. We kept praying that the Lord would send us where we were supposed to be and I had come to terms with staying in California for a few more years. Just before Christmas the orders came through with a report date of March 2015. We were shocked, but we really feel like the Lord has a plan for us. Needless to say the next 10 weeks will be busy sorting, purging, organizing, packing, selling, trashing, loading, and moving. Oh yes and in there somewhere Marcus and I are both taking two classes each, we need to find a place to live, and we need to hit up Disneyland at least one more time :) It's gonna be a whirlwind and it's gonna go by fast. I am buying boxes tomorrow to get a jump on things. I am so excited to be close to family for the first time in 15 years.
I do have a few things I would like to focus on this coming year...Eli needs to get rid of the paci, move into a big boy bed, and get potty trained. I am going to continue going to school. Marcus will be receiving his Bachelors degree this year. I need to figure out how to home school Garrett for 2nd grade (this is something he really wants). I want continue down our real food journey making some significant changes this year. I an determined to get back into an exercise routine and get a healthier. I also really want to work this blog. It used to be a part of my daily life and now it's just an afterthought. I don't care who reads this blog, but it is my journal and my family's history. It is important to me and I know my family will appreciate it years from now. I want to be a little more spontaneous as a mother. Now that my kids are a little older I feel like things don't take quite so much planning and preparation. I want to yell less! and be more patient with my kids. But most of all, I want to develop a deeper relationship with my Savior. I know this can be done through more diligent and personal prayer and through scripture study. I want to focus my scripture reading this year specifically on my Savior life and ministry. Wow, I feel like that list is longer that I thought it would be.
I will end this post with my family, the lights and loves of my life. These people complete me and make me feel whole. They teach me about true love, sacrifice, and selflessness. I feel blessed beyond measure to have them in my life. Here is a little peak of our most recent family picture session.
I hope you all have a wonderful 2015 and that you make it fabulous and wonderful. We love you all so much and appreciate all the love and support we have from our family and friends all of the country and world! Happy New Year~
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
Love the post and the pics, they turned out so good!
The unknown post is from your mom - I think I updated my profile, we shall see!
Post a Comment