Saturday, January 2, 2016

{Welcome 2016}

Welcome 2016!! This is gonna be a great year because I am going to make it great. There are some big changes coming and some difficult times ahead but I am determined to maintain a positive attitude through it all because the Lord is on my side and he will be helping and guiding me through it all. My goals for this year are simple and straight forward. I am going to work on my personal spirituality and coming closer to Christ.

I feel like throughout my life and especially through my journey as a mother my spirituality has ebbed and flowed. There have been times when I have been very in tune with the Spirit and times when I am just going through the motions. This last year I ended the year feeling very stagnant in this area of my life and I felt the need for some drastic changes. Growing spiritually, increasing my faith, and building my testimony of my Savior and his gospel are not things that come without work, dedication, and service.

A couple of the things the prophet and apostles talk about often are reading scriptures daily and praying daily. These are simple things yet things I have not been doing regularly. My goal this year is to complete the Book of Mormon in 6 months by reading daily. In the other 6 months I will choose either the Doctrine & Covenants or the New Testament to read. The other part to this is to pray daily to my Father in Heaven. By doing these two simple things I will be communicating my needs and my gratitude to my Heavenly Father and in reading his holy scripture I will be listening for his answers to me. I have some other goals in mind that will help to strengthen myself and my family.

  • listen to conference talks regularly
  • read the Ensign every month
  • be more diligent in planning Family Home Evening every week
  • being better at doing my visiting teaching each month
  • attending the temple at least once per month
  • serve in my calling with the YW to the best of my ability
I have other things I am shifting my focus to as well. Some big ones are trying to be more patient with my children, continuing down a path of intentional eating and preparing more real and wholesome food for me and my family, and working to live more in the moment with myself and my family.

I am going to be a busy lady for the 1st half of this year. My school load has increased this semester, taking three classes at a time instead of two, Marcus jr starts regular baseball practice on Monday as well as the season ahead, and we are starting to prepare for our little Edith to arrive sometime in April (I will do an update on my pregnancy soon). The key for me is to stay organized and remember that my time is very precious and it is mine to organize. Wasting it away on Facebook, Instagram, mindless web browsing, and TV are not ways to stay organized and productive. There is a time and place for all things, but I am hoping to spend more time in this space writing about my feelings and my families comings and goings.

A beautiful quote I read on New Year's Eve is going to be my montra for the start of the New Year.
I hope you all have a wonderful year full of joy, fun adventures, and blessings. We love you all and thank you for your love and support.

No comments: