Today was my 37 weeks apt and I will admit I was anticipating the worst. This was around the time for both boys that things really turned south. in fact Eli was born at 37 + 2 and with Garrett I was having to go to the hospital three days a week for extra monitoring. To my surprise things were good, not great but still manageable. My BP was 132/80, higher than last week but still within the normal margins. my weight gain seemed to steady out which means I am not retaining more water than last week. My ankles and hands are still swollen but it is not getting worse. There were still traces of protein in my urine, but not enough to warrant and 24 urine test and baby girl is slowly getting here head down. She is still considered transverse because her head is not engaged yet into my pelvis but she is headed int he right direction. Right now she is sitting at a diagonal with her head between my left hip bone and my pelvis. The Dr. said I need to try to walk more even though walking makes my feet swell so bad he also suggested bouncing on a yoga ball and maybe even some acupuncture. The problem is my cervix is still really high and I'm only dilated to 1.5cm. Until she gets engaged there is not enough pressure to ripen my cervix for delivery.
Her HB was steady at 140bpm and she is plenty wiggly. I am officially scheduled for an induction on the morning of April 18th. We need to be there at 6:30am. I can't believe that in 2 weeks she will be here. The only thing that would change these plans is if my preeclampsia rears it's ugly head at my next appointment and then we will play things by ear. My next apt is my 38 week apt on Monday the 11th. As for now, with a timeline in mind I am just making final preparations. I still have a couple of sewing projects that can get done, but don't need to get done. I need to organize all the meals I have made and make a meal calendar so Marcus knows what to cook and what to thaw out in advance. I think I have about 3 weeks of meals frozen so we should be set for about a month. There are also few last minute things for the nursery I am waiting on like artwork. I feel like it is just enough to keep me busy and help the time go by without feeling stressed out.
Really the only major discomfort I am feeling is the numbness in my right arm, especially when I sleep. All night long it feels like that tingly feeling you get when your foot is waking up from being asleep. It can be rather painful and uncomfortable. It is also really hard to bend over, get out of bed in the middle of the night and do some chores but we are making it and I am trying hard to not focus on the discomfort but to be grateful that my body is still cooperating and letting this little girl grow inside of me.
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment