Thursday, April 21, 2016

{ finally enjoying life with our edie sweetie }

Now that the battle of the bilirubin is over we are finally able to enjoy our sweet girl. She is eating good and gaining weight and life is feeling a bit more normal. Grandma is still here with us and Daddy is off work so we are all just soaking in every minute with this sweet girl and I am being well taken care of so I am getting lots of snuggle time with my little girl. She is truly angelic and is the most easy going baby I have ever had. She is such a good sleeper and will sleep under any circumstance.

One thing that Grandma and Daddy have done well is give Eli some much needed one on one time. For Alice's birthday, she chose to hike the "Y". Daddy took Eli with Grandma and Grandpa to hike with his cousin. This is at the top of the "Y" while they ate their lunch.

This extra attention he has been getting is helping him not resent his little sister and with that he loves to hold her, give her kisses, and just be close to her as often as he can.

Then there are just some of my favorite moments we've been able to catch. I tell you there is nothing more precious than a sleeping baby.

But then on the flip side, newborns sleep so much that it is exciting when they open their eyes to learn more about this new world they have just come to. Plus Eli and Garrett get so excited every time she opens her eyes. Right now those eyes are blue and I really hope they stay that way!





No comments: