Once baby girl and I were situated Marcus headed into dad mode for the other three boys. That's the funny thing about having multiple children. When a new one comes, life doesn't stop for the rest. No matter how much we try to not over schedule or simplify life before a baby comes there are just some things that have to happen. There is still homework, school, meals to be made, extra curricular activities, and so much more that still needs to happen. Marcus left me to handle the baby and he tended to the rest of the family's needs. They came by everyday to visit and make sure we were all doing OK. Mom came in the day after the birth to assist in any way we needed and to get those tiny newborn snuggles.
This boy is completely in love with his sister and wanted a picture printed to take to school to show his teacher and his friends. It was so sweet and so genuine. I love this kid so much!
I was eager to get home to my comfy bed, but we ended up having to stay an extra day because I was GBS+ and they were only able to get one bag on antibiotics in me before Edie was born and her billirubin was a little high. Friday morning they let us break out and I was excited to get home.
We were greeted at home with an excited crew. The boys all wanted to hold her and I was eager to give baby a bath. Grandma has given all my kiddos their first bath at home and this little girl was no exception. Mom loves bathing babies, changing diapers, and she can always calm a very fussy baby so Momma can get a nap in.
We were on strict orders to follow up at the lab the next morning to get another billirubin lab drawn and I really needed my milk to come in. This story is to be continued...



No comments:
Post a Comment