Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our First Meal

This is not Garrett's first meal, but he sure does love sitting in his high chair watching mommy in the kitchen. We took videa, but it was too large of a file to upload.

December 21st Daddy and I decided it was time for Garrett to try something other than mama's milk. He did so good and he wasn't too messy. He doesn't care so much for the rice cereal unless it is mixed with something else. So far he has tried sweet potatoes and carrots. So far he likes them both. He also really likes drinking from a sippy cup.

it has been almost 1 month since he first ate and he is a very good eater. Most everyone knows I like to cook so it makes sense that I would enjoy making baby food as well. Garrett has tried peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, bananas, avocado, pears, rice cereal and oatmeal. The nest flavors to try are apples and pumpkin. I think feeding my son is more fun for me than for him.
If you are into making your own baby food this is my favorite website
it has great recipes and good info!

No comments: