Monday, July 20, 2009

6 months worth of emotion

Today is significant for a couple of reasons. First; today marks the 6 months mark of our deployment. For many 6 months means families being reunited after many long months of separation. The thoughts of homecoming are in the air, countdown chains are being contructed, and emotions are on the rise. For us 6 months is just another tick mark in our long contdown. For us 6 months is not even half way yet. Nonetheless it is a tick and we are all still alive and kicking.

The second reason is that although this is not our "homecoming", I will see my hubby in less than a week. I only get to him for a very short 15 days, but I will take what I can get. Everyone keeps asking me if I am so excited...Yes! I am very excited, but only those who have been separated from their spouse for this long can fully understand all the emotions one goes through at a time like this. So much anticipation, excitetment, nervousness, anxiety and so much more. I love my family more than words and I am so grateful for all their support, but I am very grateful for all my "marine-wife" friends who know exactly what I am going through right now. We share something special. We share that bond of survival and that bond of emotional roller coasters that shape and consume our lives.

I am so anxious for hello, but I so anxious for goodbye as well...

1 comment:

The Poe Family said...

I can't say that I understand what you are feeling, but we pray for Marcus, you and the boys every night! You are in our thoughts and prayers- have a good time while Marcus is home, love you and hang in there!!