Monday, September 14, 2009

I Scream, U Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream!

So as Summer comes to a close, I got to share a fun moment with my little one. While I was cleaning up dinner I hear, out of my window, the all too familiar sound of the ice cream truck. This is a tune very few do not recognize. Although I have ice cream in the freezer, I pulled out $3, took Garrett outside and let him walk to the ice cream truck. We picked out my favorite...a good old fashioned ice cream sandwich. We sat on the driveway and shared this special treat. In his bare feet and only a diaper, he was covered in sweet chocolate cookie, he kept coming back for more licking his lips and hands trying to savor every taste. I know Garrett is not old enough to remember this moment, but I will forever. It was the day my sweet baby ate ice cream with me on the drive way. If this is the last memory of summer, it was a great one.

No comments: