Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Feel the Blessings

I have had a rough few days, nothing I can't handle, just rough. Well, Sunday I decided I am going to read the Book of Mormon in 60 days. So I have been reading in the morning and the night. Doing it this way helps me remember to say my own personal prayers. I know it has only been 2 full days, but I feel the spirit and the calmness already.

Garrett has been up since 2:30 this morning. He doesn't feel good and has no idea what he wants to help him feel better. I was very irritable this morning and grouchy. My patience was short and my temper high. It didn't help that he misplaced my old wedding ring I am trying to sell. I looked everywhere for this darn thing. After battling all morning with my child, I decided I needed a break so I locked myself in the shower for 10 whole minutes. I got dressed, got hi dressed and tried on last time to get him down for a nap. It was a success =) I then proceeded to get on my knees and thank my Father in Heaven for the opportunity I have to be a mother and to raise his sweet spirit. I then prayed for patience ,endurance, and the ability to take something away from my reading this morning. So I read, and I read, and I read. After reading I came downstairs to the mess of the morning. I looked around and I didn't feel overwhelmed or irritated, I felt calm like I could take on the day. Lo & behold I looked on the floor (I know I had already looked there) and I saw the tiny little ring just sitting there. At that moment I thanked my Father in Heaven for the moment.

No comments: