Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday Bliss

Sunday's are very bitter sweet for me. I love them and I detest them at the same time. Normally I come home totally exhausted from church as I have been chasing a 14 month old around for 3 hours. Then I am grumpy and tired for the rest of the day. Not to mention that going to church is like going through the motions as I very rarely get much out of it once the sacrament is over. Today was an exception. We had Stake Conference today. I was dreading it because we have to drive to Wilmington and then I couldn't even imagine a 2 hour meeting with Garrett it tow. Today far exceeding my expectations. Garrett and I got up and ready in time to actually leave and not be in a hurry. We were even going to be early. The drive was beautiful. There was no traffic and Garrett was well behaved. I put in my favorite church music and just enjoyed the peace and scenery.

Conference was very uplifting. Garrett was so good, he made it all the way till the very last talk. The music was great and the speakers were awesome. The theme was strengthening the family. I love my family and it reminded me of the little things we can do better at. It the big picture, nothing else really matters except family.

We got home ate some PBJ and Garrett took a nap, I cleaned up my sun room a bit so we could eat dinner in there tonight. When Garrett woke up we watered our new plants and fixed half of dinner. Fred, Audra, and the Sister Missionaries came over for dinner. It was a delightful evening, the food was delicious, the weather was perfect, and the message was inspiring...service...how something so small can bring so many blessings for those serving and those being served.

I wish every Sunday could be as this one was, maybe I just need to have a better attitude or maybe I am just more in tune with the spirit. It is amazing was daily prayer and scripture study can do for one's attitude. I think I will keep it up, the blessings are coming left & right.

No comments: