Living in a city like Philadelphia with so much nostalgia and history is something most people never get a chance to experience. Unless you are a historian you are probably not thinking your next family vacation should be to the birthplace of the US. But...since we are here we can take advantage and see some things we might have never seen. So far we have visited the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, and the US Mint.

This is the Liberty Bell, it no longer is rung, but they have built a whole building around it with cool videos, pictures, and plaques to help you learn more about the purpose of the bell and what it stood for.

This is a table in Independence Hall in the room of the Rising Sun. In this very room the Declaration in Independence was agreed upon and signed. There was a feeling of humility and power in this room and I am grateful for those who fought for me to be free.

The clock tower outside Independence Hall. It just reminds me that this was the center of the city at one point and this was high enough for all to see. Now it is just a tiny little speck in the midst of sky scrapers, bill boards, and over passes. But once this was for all to see.

I'm not sure why but I just love an old looking weather vain and when I finally settle down somewhere I want one one on top of my house so I can have that feeling of nostalgia when I look at it.

George Washington, was a great military leader and a fine president. He stood for a lot of good.

The plaque outside Independence Hall

Another reminder of all our nation when through to become a free nation

Just a little reminder that Philadelphia is know for more than just early American History

You can't forget our symbol of freedom. This flag is not just something that designates our country it stands for something, it stands for people. This flag has flown over many countries and has been battered and torn fighting for freedom all over the world. Honor it and cherish it, this flags flag waves for your freedom and mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment