Friday, July 8, 2011

My Baby Boy is 3 Today...snif, snif

My peanut is three years old today and my how time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was trying to imagine what life would be like with a little person in the house. I was overjoyed, but nervous and even a little scared. Would I be able to give him everything he needed? Would I actually hear him in the middle of the night? Could I go for days on end with little to no sleep and actually function? Would I have enough love in my heart for him? All those questioned were answered the moment that little person came into my arms at 7:18pm on Tuesday July 8th. He was so tiny (all 5lbs, 14 oz of him) and he was so sweet. I was in love! Not just any love, but only the love that can be felt by a mother. There was nothing I would not, could not do for this little person.

He has been a joy in my life every day since he came to this earth. He is hilarious and feisty. He is cuddly and sweet one moment and sassy and grown up the next. Sometimes I wish I could just make time stop, but then I remember the wonderful times that are yet to come. So I have resolved to treasuring every moment and every phase, no matter how good or bad, because it will be over soon and we will be on to something else.



Happy birthday Garrett, you are wonderful and amazing! Your Daddy and I love you so much and we are so blessed to have you in our family. You bring us so much joy and have taught us to love another in ways only a child can. Have a wonderful day and know that there are many more to come.

2 comments:

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Happy Birthday little G-man!!! We love you so so so much!!!

The Lybbert Family said...

Happy Birthday Garrett! These pictures make you look so grown up. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. We love you!