
We has our ultrasound on December 9th. I was only 15 weeks, 2 days and it seemed a little early to be finding out what we were having, but the fertility clinic assured me this is when they normally schedule the gender ultrasound. We were paying out of pocket for it so I wanted to leave with an answer. When the ultrasound tech came in and looked at my due date she asked why we were here? She doesn't usually check the gender till after 16 weeks. My heart sunk for a moment, but she said while we were here she would check and if we couldn't tell yet we could come back free of charge. She measured the baby to see how he was measuring (hoping he would be measuring big). He was, he is measuring about 5 days ahead of my due date...hmmmm what could that mean? I am not getting my hopes up, my due date is still May 31st, I just might be having a big baby :/
She got right to business and he was not shy. She was 99% sure he was a he and not a she! I was thrilled. I had felt like it might be a girl, but I was equally ok with having another boy. I love boys, they are great and I already have everything I need (they will even be born in the same season). Marcus was happy, he has always envisioned having a little girl at the end. Garrett is happy, but he still likes to say Eli is a girl. I keep showing him Eli's boy parts to remind him, it works for a while then he says he wants a girl baby. I tell him that after Eli is born we can have another baby and maybe that one will be a girl baby. He is a funny kid!
2 weeks ago
3 comments:
so exciting! and congrats on the promotion.. you guys are certainly blessed!
Hello there little Eli, can't wait to meet you buddy!
He already looks so much like Garrett to me :)
Love your blog and reading about your family.
Post a Comment