Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow Day

This last Saturday we finally got some snow. We had some a few days before Halloween, but this was different because now we were ready for it. It only snowed about 4 inches, but it was the perfect amount. It gave us an excuse to stay in an have a snow day, but it didn't hang around forever. We knew it was going to snow over night and Garrett was so excited. We told him when he woke up in the morning "snowdrops" would be falling. He woke up at 5:00am ready to go sledding. We sent him back to bed but I am sure he did not sleep. At 6:10am he came in a told us the sun was up and it was time to get out of bed. I promptly ignored him while Daddy got out of bed. I was assuming he was putting him back in bed...it was a Saturday after all. I woke up at 7:30am to a quiet house. Apparently Daddy got up at 6:10 and took the little boy sledding. The went down to Wise Mill Road, it is a very steep hill where there is not a lot of traffic and at 6:30am on a snowy Saturday there was no traffic. They were out there for a good two hours. They finally came home with wet clothes, rosy cheeks, and cold noses. I warmed them up with some hot cocoa and they were happy!

After Garrett's nap he wanted to go out again. Marcus was not home and I don't have any snow clothes that fit me so I dressed Garrett up and let him play out in front of our apartment. We have a perfect size sledding hill for little kids. He was so happy and had a blast. He played for about 2 hours after his nap, he would have played longer if we wouldn't have had to go to church for tout annual chili cook off.

This year Garrett learned how to pull his own sled, Marcus said he even pulled it up the big hill that morning.


This kid must be his father's son because he LOVES the snow!

These were some of my favorite pics of the day

More of my favorites, I love when I can capture him in his element and he is totally unaware of the camera.
Here's to snow days! I hope we have a few more like this before we leave Philadelphia and head somewhere we are very unlikely to see snow. Days like this and memories like this are priceless!

No comments: