Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things on my mind ====

So I feel like I have a lot on my mind these days. I'm sure a lot of it is just hormones, but lately I have been having a hard time falling asleep and when I wake up to pee I have a hard time falling back asleep. My mind is running on overdrive. I have been worried about my pregnancy remaining healthy. This was about the time with Garrett that symptoms of preeclampsia started making their presence. I have a midwife apt tomorrow so I think I have been a little worried about that. Will my blood pressure be good? Will my urine test come back with normal protein levels? How will my weight gain be? I have been really watching what I have been eating and I have been exercising as much as my body can handle. So, if my weight gain is excessive, it means I am already swelling and retaining water. For the next 13 weeks these things will be on my mind. Preeclampsia can make make it's presence known anytime in the third trimester so we are just playing a waiting game now.

This is what preeclampsia looks like. This was 6 weeks before I gave birth to Garrett and it only got worse during those 6 weeks.

This was the day I was admitted to be induced. My blood pressure was 165/114 when I was admitted 12 days early. This is not something I want to do again.


Aside from pregnancy woes we are still a clueless as ever about our future plans. As of right now Marcus will have to go work in Quantico, VA at OCS for about 8 weeks at the end of the Summer. Hopefully we will be leaving Philadelphia shortly after he gets done in Quantico, however, we have no idea where we will be going and we probably won't know for a few months. Maybe more. I am still planning on spending the Summer with my parents so I need to have the house 80% packed and boxed before Eli is born. I plan to start tackling this right after my mom and sister come for a visit. April 1st is my drop dead date to start this project. Any to top everything off Marcus is gone for another week and a half and will be gone three more times in the next two months. All I can say is I am so grateful to be able to work from home right now. Because the tired phase is creeping up on me again. My mid-afternoon nap is going to entering my daily routine very soon.

I am really not trying to complain, I just need to get it out so hopefully my brain can relax a little bit.

1 comment:

The Poe Family said...

My thoughts are with you! We will keep you in our prayers. You have a lot on your plate, you are amazing! You look so cute too!!!! Love you so much- Mariah