Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My son is a self-declared vegetarian

For the last 6 months or so Garrett has been deciding that he does not like meat. He has never been a big beef eater. I think the texture of beef was difficult for him. About 6 months ago he decided he didn't like chicken anymore. No matter how small I dice it he will pick it out of everything I make. He will not even eat chicken nuggets anymore. At this point he would still eat pork; ham, bacon, and sausage. Now he will not even eat those. He will still eat hot dogs (I think) and he will eat pepperoni if it is on pizza. Too bad I would hardly consider either of those meat. Sometimes he will eat ground beef in a quesadilla or a burrito. He will also still eat meatloaf and ground beef in a gravy-like substance.

Tonight he informed that he doesn't like cow meat, deer meet, pig meat, or chicken meat. Is this a phase or a life choice? I guess only time will tell. For now I have been adding a lot of hard boiled eggs, dairy products, nuts, and legumes to our diet. I have to get protein in this kid one way or another.

1 comment:

Megan said...

We are actually trying to eat less meat these days. We supplement with veggies, beans, quinoa, and nuts. There is actually a lot more protein in vegetables than you might think. Good luck! I know it's hard to think of meals without meat. (btw, we totally miss you guys)