So I feel like life has been a little bit crazy for the past week and a half. Not crazy busy, just a little upside down. As of Tuesday Feb 14th, I am no longer going to work...AT ALL! I work from home for a few hours a day. This will remain my schedule until baby is born and then I will not have to work at all. I had not planned on making this change until the beginning of March, but the 1.5 hour commute each way was killing me, even just doing it two times per week was exhausting. So, with that being said, I am trying to find my new routine. I am a girl who thrives on structure and planning. I have yet to structure my home time. I plan to have some kind of schedule written up and posted by Monday. I must say, it has been nice to be home. I am getting a lot of things done around the house that have been on my long list for quite sometime. My long list needs to be done before little Eli makes his debut because if it is not, it probably won't get done for a while.
We've also been having some amazing weather and we've been trying to take advantage of it. It does not feel like February around here, it feels more like the end of March. I would like to think that this means Spring will come early this year, but things change around here so fast, nothing is predictable. My mentality is just enjoy each beautiful day for what it is and roll with the rest. We've been playing in the park, taking walks and bike rides, playing outside, and I even opened the windows one day just to get some fresh air in the house.
Right now, in the moment of today, I am enjoying my family. I am enjoying the quiet and I am enjoying life slowing down for a minute. Marcus' life is full right now so I am sure it doesn't feel slow for him, but for me I finally feel like I can take a breath. I have been waiting for this moment for quite sometime now so I want to cherish it before the novelty wears off ~
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment