So another week with no picture, but that is ok! I will update next week with a photo. This has been a crazy week. Last Thursday evening during dinner I decided to fly out to Washington to be with my family. My baby brother, David, went through the temple for the first time and I just couldn't NOT be there. So Friday morning Garrett and I loaded up, Marcus took us to the airport and we made the trek cross country. I was not feeling so hot when we left, but it was just a cold so I figured it would work itself out in a few days. Traveling really took it out of me. My whole body was swollen, my back hurt from walking through the airport, and my cold was not getting any better. The next day was another long day. It was temple day and then we had a big family birthday for my Grandpa, my nephew Nigel, and my nieces Elliana and Alice. It was a lovely day, but very long.
Sunday was a nice day, it was my first day to really relax and put my feet up. However, I was really feeling cruddy so I mostly just slept.
The week has progressed and so did my sickness. My cold turned into a full blown sinus infection. Thanks to a good friend I got some medicine and I have been slowly on the mend. It has been nice to be with family, Garrett has cousins to play with, my mom and sister have been making sure we eat and I have been doing a lot of sleeping. It has been a pretty lazy week and I can't believe I go back to Philly tomorrow. I am gearing up for another long day of travel and then a couple of days of rest this weekend.
Once I was able to get my feet up the swelling subsided and my blood pressure feels good. I am starting to think I may just escape this preeclampsia thing altogether. My next apt is on Friday May 4th. I will be just a few days over 36 weeks at that apt. My midwife is coming to my home for that apt to get a feel for our home and to make sure she knows how to get there in case this little guy makes an early arrival. My body is ready for him to come, but my brain in not quite there. Since I took a week off, I still have a lot to do when I get back to Philly. These next two weeks will be a big push to tie up loose ends and finish any remaining projects. Here's to staying healthy and getting the rest I need!
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment