Today closes a chapter of my life that has shaped the woman I am today. After 13 years, 3 months, and 6 days my time in the Marine Corps is over. It is a little surreal. I have bee waiting for this day since I found out I was pregnant with Garrett...over four years! From the time I looked at that little boy I knew I wanted to be home with him and now that I have another, I just want to be a mom and a wife for my family. We have been preparing for this day for a long time. It has been an emotional roller coaster to say the least, but the day is here. At midnight tonight I will be a civilian and dependent wife to a Marine.
I cannot say leaving this Marine Corps family of mine does not come with a little sadness. This has been my life for a long time and I have met some amazing people and I have accomplished some amazing things. I have grown as a woman, a mother, a wife, and a person in general. I have some life-long friendships from my time in the Corps and I met my amazing husband while I was a Marine. The last thirteen years have been good and a lot of the time they were great.
As I close this chapter an open a new one I know that it will have it's ups and downs just like the Marine Corps does. I know that some days my kids will drive me crazy and I will be wishing I had an outlet such as work to escape. I know that just like being a Marine is a 24/7/365 day a year job so is being a mom. I am ready for the challenge and I hope that I can embrace the good days and the bad. I am very excited to be with my boys and I feel so blessed to have a husband who supports me in this decision and is willing to sacrifice some things in order for me to be home. I love my family so much and I am eternally grateful for all the support they have given me over the years.
I am proud to be a Marine, I am proud to wear the eagle, globe, and anchor, and I am proud to have served my fellow Americans. I will never take the freedom we have for granted and the sacrifices so many service members make on our behalf. ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE...my blood will always have a little green in it.
Semper Fidelis~
2 weeks ago

1 comment:
Congratulations Becky on both 13 years of service to our country and the new job. :)
Post a Comment