Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Strawberry picking

It is the season for strawberries in the PNW and I am so excited. We (Melissa and I) went strawberry picking today with our kiddos, I got 15 lbs of berries and she got more than that. This is something near and dear to my heart. When I was little we picked berries every year with my mom. We picked strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries as well as peaches and pears. This was always something I looked forward to as a little girl. When we were in NC I took Garrett picking when he was small. I know he doesn't remember it and I never has the opportunity to do it in Philly. This was the first time he was big enough to actually contribute to 15 lbs we picked. I am grateful to my hubby for helping me this year. Picking with a 6 week old was tougher than I thought it would be. It was a gorgeous day and the berries were perfectly ripe. Perfect for jam making tomorrow.

Daddy showing this boy how to put his hands to work for good and deliciousness.

Untitled
The proof is in the hands, but I am quite certain that these hands did more eating than collecting. But isn't that the fun of berry picking when you are three?
Untitled
Daddy and his boy, I love this shot. It is so satisfying when I can really capture a moment
Untitled
My sissy with her baby on her back while mine was on my front. Oh how I love mothering!
Untitled
Everything is better when you do it with cousins. These three are tight!
Untitled
The final product. Bright red, juice, delicious berries that melt in your mouth.
Untitled

No comments: