We finally live in a Marine Corps town where they have an awesome annual air show. When I was stationed at Miramar a long time ago, I remembered how cool the air show was down there. When we got here I saw advertisements for it and I thought it would be a fun thing to do with our family. I was right! We had an amazing time and the whole thing was put on well and was really organized. We spent most of the day in the grandstands watching the Marine Corps helicopter demonstration, parachutes, trick planes, and of course the blue angels. Garrett didn't love the noise and next year we will remember hearing protection. Eli did great, I think he just loves any excuse to be in the carrier close to Mommy. It really makes you aware of how amazing this nations military actually is when you see things like this.
They had static displays that Garrett could walk through and Marines out to answer questions. We were not going to stay for the night show, but Garrett was doing pretty well and they have this cool thing called the wall of fire. It was seriously and explosion that lasted for 500 feet. It was so hot you could feel the heat in the grandstands. We didn't get any night pics because our cameras were all shot by then. It was a fun day and a great way to spend Daddy's birthday weekend. I will say this will be a reoccurring event for as long as we are in Southern California.
2 weeks ago





No comments:
Post a Comment