Friday, October 26, 2012

Oceanside 1st Ward Trunk or Treat ~ Chilli Cookoff

I love the fact that every Halloween we can always count on our church doing a trunk or treat for the kiddos. I also love the fact that the last three wards we have been in have included a chilli cook off with the trunk or treat. This year was a double treat for me. This was the first year I have actually had the time and know how to make Garrett's costume. He loves it when I make him things and this year he has wanted to be a jet pack space guy for Halloween. I found the jet pack on Pinterest and it has been a neighborhood hit since I finished it. I found the perfect pattern for his costume and I finished it just this afternoon. Nothing like a photo finish. Garrett loves his costume and I am very proud of it.

I love his costume, but the real treat for me was my first prize in the chilli cook off. I pride myself on my chilli and most who eat it really like it. I have been placing second for several years now and I decided to make a few minor changes this year to hopefully step it up a notch. It worked and I came away with the prize. Today Halloween doesn't seem so bad :)

The costume is done! I have a jet pack space man invading my house And here is the jet pack. This is G'a favorite part! Untitled

No comments: