Garrett woke up this morning and told me he was going to ride a pedal bike today. His friend Nathanial is almost four and has been riding a two wheeler for quite sometime. Garrett has never really cared or shown interest until this morning. I smiled and nodded with an OK honey. We had been planning to get one for Christmas so we hadn't really pushed the issue. We were all outside and sure enough Garrett got on Nathanial's bike to ride it. I tried helping for a minute and then turned it over to Daddy. After about 5 minutes and a few passed up and down the street he had it down. The transition from a float bike to a pedal bike was seamless just as we had hoped, no training wheels for this kid. He has been riding all day and I'm pretty sure this is the beginning of a whole new kind of freedom.
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment