Monday, November 19, 2012

What happens in Vegas stay in Vegas...

Only applies when you are not there with your two kiddos and your Mom. What brought us to Vegas? Marcus' Marine Corps Birthday Ball. This was not our first choice of location, but we got no say in the matter so we packed up our two kiddos, invited my mom to fly in and babysit for us, and set out for our 5 hour drive. I can now say I have been to Vegas, but I really have no desire to ever go back. We were able to get out and see some of the sites and having my mom there, we were able to walk the strip and have some time with no kiddos in tow. Eli came down with something so he slept most of the time and Garrett loved hanging with Grandma and playing on her itouch and iphone. I loved walking through the Bellagio and the fountain show there was pretty cool. Garrett really loved that part.

The reason for being there was to celebrate the Marine Corps' 237th birthday at the traditional birthday ball. This was my first ball as a civilian, but it is nice to know that even though I am a civilian now, I was once and always will be a United States Marine and the birthday ball has a way of bringing out that pride in anyone who has ever worn the eagle, globe, and anchor. It was a lovely ball and it is always fun to get dressed up. But the best part is seeing all those Marines in dress blues. My hubby looked pretty darn handsome all fixed up in those blues and I am so proud of what he does for our family and this country.

The highlight for Garrett was getting his picture taken with the transformer Bumblebee. He does not know who Bumblebee is, but he knows he is a transformer and he thinks anything that looks like a robot is awesome!

Untitled Untitled Untitled UntitledUntitled It's ball season. Happy birthday Marines. Love my hubby and is proud of all he does for our family and our country! Untitled Untitled

No comments: