Thursday, December 13, 2012

Eli :: 7 months

Whoa, where has seven months gone? I feel like the jump from six to seven months in this house has been a big one. My little guy is eating three squares a day, he is sitting all the time, he loves playing with toys, and he is really interacting a ton. I think we fall in love with him more each and every day. He is still tiny and we won't have a weight check until after Christmas, but I think he is filling out a bit. Some things i don't want to forget ~

  • He went from eating one tiny meal in the evening to quickly devouring three meals per day and gets really mad if we are eating and he is not.
  • He is still nursing great. I feel like my milk might be drying up a bit so I started taking Fenugreek supplements to see if that will help a bit.
  • This little guy is starting to fall into a schedule and I'm sure if our days were the same everyday he would really be predictable, but unfortunately life as a second child means a lot more time in the car seat driving big brother back and forth to school and mom trying to fit errands in when she can. If he had his choice he would sleep from about 9:30 - 11:30 and 1:30 - 3:30 with bed at about 6:30, but the reality is he sleep from about 8:00 - 9:00 in the stroller while I run, then from 12:30 - 2:30 while big brother is in school and then from about 4:30 - 5:30 and then bed around 7:30.  It is working and that is what counts.
  • Sleeping through the night is a whole different story. He wakes up around 11:30 then again at 2:30ish and then again at 5:30ish. I am hoping if I can produce a little more milk I can keep his belly full for a little longer and I think I might start denying that 11:30 feed. I really can't complain he nursed and then goes straight back to sleep, but momma not getting a good night's rest affects the whole family.
  • This little guy still doesn't like to roll over, but he is sitting on the regular now and he really enjoys is. He also loves to sit in his high chair and play with toys or munch on rice puffs.
  • He is still a momma's boy and he likes to be able to keep me in view at all times.
  • He is generally happy, but is only good on his own for about 45 min to an hour before he wants hands on him. This is not great for cleaning and getting things done, but we're adjusting.  
  • He loves his paci, but now that he knows how to take it out, it has become a game. One of these days he will figure out how to put it back in and then it will be a fun game for him and momma.
  • He is really interacting with all of us and he loves it when Garrett does funny things. He just sits, watches, and giggles out loud. I love it! This is why I wanted more than one, so they would always have each other to play with.
My little cutie on his 7 month birthday ~ kisses from Momma!       
Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments: