Sunday, December 2, 2012

The start of the season

December 1st, yesterday,  was the official start of our Christmas season. We started it with Marcus' Battalion Christmas party. It was a really nice event, but it was really big and a little overwhelming. They did some really cool things. Garrett's favorite part was that Santa came to the party on an Amtrak. They had crafts for the kids and a really long long to see Santa, there was a really nice lunch and as you can see by the picture below...an "ugly sweater" contest. I will admit, I was not super jazzed about going, but once we got there and got situated it was really nice.

These events are hard for me. Marcus is busy gripin and grinin and I am left to navigate a ton of people with my kiddos in tow. Most of the time I just get frustrated and wish I hadn't come. But this time it was good, there was nice flow and all of us had a good time. Today was a nice way to start off the Christmas season of which I am truly grateful for. A whole month to honor our Savior and remember that he was born on this earth to make an eternal sacrifice for all of us.









No comments: