Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

As I sit here at my computer and reflect on the last year I can't help but think of the present, this very moment. Daddy and Bubba are snowboarding, my Garrett is outside playing with his rubber band airplane he built with his dad, my baby is napping and I have bread in the oven, carrots on the stove steaming getting ready to be turned into a pureed delight for Eli, and garbanzo beans soaking to become roasted chick-peas and hummus. This is a perfect day in my book. I like my days to be slow, I don't like the fast paced life that so many lead today. I know that not everyday can be slow, but I sometimes forget that I am in control of my own destiny and I can say yes or no as I see fit.

2012 was a good year and many great things happened some of the highlights:

  • Daddy got a promotion and we moved to a wonderful place
  • I finished out my contract with the Marine Corps and I am now home with my babies and could not be happier about it
  • Garrett learned how to ride a bike and started preschool and is becoming a wonderful little boy
  • Eli joined our family and oh how we love this precious little boy
Last year I made all kinds of resolutions and I suppose this year is no different. I am just calling them something different; I am calling them goals. These are things I want to work on over the course of the year. Some are definite goals and others are more intangible things that I hope to improve on.
  • I have signed up for a half marathon and I WILL complete it!
  • I am determined to loose this baby weight and get myself healthy.
  • I will complete my VA package for my military disability.
  • I want to do better keeping up with my blog, I do not do this for others, I do it to keep a record of my family. I know that one day my posterity will enjoy reading about our adventures and misadventures.
  • I want to start a small home business using my sewing skills. This really overwhelms me, but it is something I think I can do and where there is a will there is a way.
  • I want to beef up of food storage and make improvements in being more self sufficient.
  • I want to be more financially prudent, I want to be able to keep my needs and my wants more in check and in balance.
  • I want to strengthen my relationship with my Father in Heaven. I want to have a more spiritual attitude concerning life. I want to keep my priorities in check an keep and eternal perspective. I can do this through being more willing to serve others, improving my daily personal scripture study and praying with a humble heart. I listed this last, but it is the most important and the one that doesn't have tangible outcomes. I know that my family and I will be blessed for my actions and my home will feel more sacred the closer I am to my Heavenly Father.
 2013 is going to be a good year. Every year can be a good year and every day is the first day of the New Year. It's never too late to start again. Happy New Year everyone, may this year be better than the last and I hope that everyone makes one small improvement in their life.  

No comments: