So although this is dated correctly, I must admit I am posting this in the middle of May. I am behind, way behind! I swore I would get to this sooner, but the months kept on passing and still no blog updates. I just knew I would not forget the details, but, alas, I have. I will do my best to catch up and remember the details of everyday life, but there are no guarantees.
I always love the first week of the year. Christmas is put away, resolutions and goals are made, life seems fresh, and slates are clean. Time for a new year of memories and living life to the fullest. I am trying to post more about life as it is this year and having my iphone at my finger tips all day gives me a lot more opportunities to capture the everyday moments like...my boys just being brothers and morning snuggles with my baby and early morning Lego creations complete with tiny Lego pieces that end up in my bed and baby teeth buds making their debut. Life feels complete right now and I am savoring that feeling.
Bubba is about to turn 12...whoa did I just make typo? Nope! My hoe he is growing up. He will not be here for his actual birthday but we wanted to celebrate with him before he has to go home. It was a simple day...orange slice cake like the one Grannie makes and an air sot pistol to go with the air soft rifle he got for Christmas. We sure do love this kid and he makes our home and family feel complete when he is here. It always feels so empty for a while after he goes. Bubba, we love you so much and we hope this year is as good or better than the last year.
I'm still trying to get used to this ~ I will admit last month I was feeling very sad about our weather. I just wanted it to feel like Christmas and in my mind Christmas equals frosty and cold. I wanted to wear hats, scarves, and mittens. I wanted to bust out my snow boots. That did not happen. But now that Christmas is over it feels good to have the sun shining and warm winter days ahead. The sun shining makes everything feel better and brighter. Who wants to come for a visit and get their vitamin D fix?
So I had a moment of weekness. These little cute baby Crocs were on sale and I just could not resist. I know he will only wear them a couple of times as he is not even close to walking yet, but he looks so stinking cute when he can keep them on his feet for more than a few minutes.
While I was shopping for family picture outfits I came across this little ensemble at Marshall's. I have been loving the color aqua for a good while now. It makes things feel light and airy. I love the fresh look in my bedroom and I'm excited to go to sleep at night :)





No comments:
Post a Comment